Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 2: I have to do this for how long?

Ok, so today was another "ugh" day.  I woke up really hungry, which makes sense because soup is made mostly of water.  I started my day with a banana and then had a cup of Teeccino.  Teeccino is an herbal "coffee" that is made up of various nuts, carob, etc in order to taste like coffee without the acid or the caffeine.  Teeccino is gluten-free when brewed, though it does contain barley so you have to brew it in a machine.

I decided to make it in my french press - therefore, my stomach was not happy with me for most of the day.

So here is how the day went:

BREAKFAST

Banana
1 Cup Crushed Walnuts
1/2 Cup Blueberries
1 Tb Honey

SNACK

1 Cup Applesauce

LUNCH

Left-over Split Pea Soup

SNACK

Kind Bar

DINNER

Sauteed Summer Vegetables
Quinoa

Calories:  1500

At this point in the evening, I don't feel great.  My stomach doesn't hurt like it did earlier but I am quite bloated and a bit gassy.  Sorry, I have to log the details.  Gas typically means something is not being digested properly in your intestines, so I will need to pay attention to that if it keeps up.

Cravings have been hard to deal with but I've made it so far.  Just a few more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment