Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 5: Getting There

Day 5 was good, probably the best yet.  I felt pretty good.  I was a little hungry in the afternoon but didn't have the stomach pains and pressure I had the days before.  Oh, I did have some killer cravings for everything animal.  I had a brief weak moment in which I ate a slice of roast beef and cheese.  So good!  It didn't make me feel bad, but I am still sticking to two weeks - no meat or dairy.

I've also found my new best friend:  the emulsion blender.  This has made making soups a breeze.  We don't have a real blender, just a Magic Bullet which is quite small so in the past I had to blend about a cup at a time to make soup smooth.  The emulsion blender just goes right into the pot and chops everything up.  I've had a few spills and sprays, I'm still learning how to use it!

The day went like this:

BREAKFAST

Banana
Peppermint Tea

SNACK

Tropical Fruit Smoothie
*1 cup frozen mango, pineapple, peaches
*4 strawberries
*Juice of 1 orange
*1/2 cup of almond milk
*1/2 TB maple syrup

LUNCH
Sauteed spinach with arugula, topped with avocado and tomato

SNACK

Handful of walnuts
Kind Bar (later, got hungry again)

DINNER

Roasted Tomato Soup - found an awesome recipe here

Calories: 1200

So that was my day.  Oh, I did want to mention this - I add maple syrup to a lot of my smoothies and such scrictly to add calories to my day.  This is because I am not looking to lose weight, actually losing weight would be a bad thing for me at this point.  If you are trying to lose weight, it would be better to use honey or agave nectar in a smaller amount in your smoothies.

On to Day 6, almost one week down.

No comments:

Post a Comment