Monday, July 5, 2010

Pour Some Sugar On Me....

An update - period week came and went as usual.  Nothing reallly changed that I noticed, other than less spotting the week before.  I still experienced Day 1 cramping and clotting as usual.  I felt miserable for a good few days and then was back to normal.  All that to say - I don't think yeast is my problem.  I mean, it likely is a part of the problem but my month without sugar as an attempt to kill them off did not work as hoped.

After I realized it wasn't working, I went a little overboard on the sugar and gluten front.  I ate cookies, cake,  sandwiches, and more cookies this past weekend (we were traveling which did not help).  It was an extreme amount, just more than I'd been used to.  My sugar intake has definitely increased - TB of maple syrup in morning tea, kefir (sweetened with cane juice), maple syrup in afternoon tea, granola with yogurt... those kind of things.  So not bad things, and I'm trying to use only natural forms of sugar - but certainly more sugar than I had in the last month.

Today it all hit me though, I feel pretty awful.  My bowel cycles have been the same so there's still pressure and bloating there.  But right now I feel like I have a rock on top of my pelvis.  My stomach, hips, and lower back all hurt from the pressure.  I can't understand the biology of it and what exactly is going on - but it does shake me a bit as if to say, "Hey, I can't handle this crappy food you're eating - so STOP it!" 

Where do I go from here?  I would like to say I'm done with crazy elimination diets, but I'm not 100% sure of that yet.  I just want to eat well.  I want to eat foods that my body was designed to digest.  I want to take note of those things that cause a reaction and minize them - but maybe not completely eliminate them unless the reaction is that bad.  I'd like to just create my own list based on what I have been learning and what my body has been saying.  I will create my own list, and though I may never find complete healing, I will at least know that I'm doing my best.

I guess that leaves me to say - food list and meal plans to come...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment